James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Vide
PostSubject: Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block   Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Tn_gf

London’s Bloomsbury Auctions will be holding their Bibliophile Sale later this month and a selection of James Bond first editions by Ian Fleming are among the lots included.

007 novels, including some signed by several Bond girls, make up four of the 700+ lots in this sale, which are set to hit the auction block on Thursday, 20 August at at 10:30am (lots 1-338) and 2:00pm (lots 338-701) precisely.

Bloomsbury Auctions is located at: Bloomsbury House, 24 Maddox Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 1PP. For further details, phone +44(0) 20 7495 9494 or visit the official website.

Details on the James Bond lots follow below:

Lot 560 – Goldfinger

Goldfinger, first edition , signed by both Shirley Eaton & Tania Mallet on front free endpaper, bookseller’s small sticker on front pastedown, original boards, dust-jacket, neat, near-invisible reinforcement to inside spine, in effect an excellent example , 1959.

Signed by the actresses who played Jill & Tilly Masterson respectively in the 1964 film, identifying their characters.

Estimate: £500 – £700

Lot 561 – Thunderball

Thunderball, first edition , original boards, dust-jacket, slightly soiled and creased at extremities, 8vo, 1961.

Estimate: £100 – £150

Lot 562 – The Spy Who Loved Me / On Her Majesty’s Secret Service

The Spy who loved Me, 1962; On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, 1963, first editions , original boards, dust-jackets, torn and soiled, a little loss ; and another, Wain, 8vo (3)

Estimate: £80 – £120

Lot 563 – Octopussy and The Living Daylights

Octopussy and the Living Daylights, first edition , signed & inscribed by both Maud Adams & Maryam d’Abo on title, original boards, dust-jacket, small sticker mark on inside front flap revealing publisher’s printed price 10s6d, othewise a near fine copy, 8vo, 1966.

The female leads from the movies of Octopussy and The Living Daylights respectively.

Estimate: £100 – £150

http://commanderbond.net/6903/ian-flemings-james-bond-first-editions-hit-the-auction-block.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net
Major D.Smythe
Major D.Smythe
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 848
Warning :
Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Empty

Registration date : 2009-04-15

Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block   Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:45 pm

I have 3 Fleming 1st editions, but I wouldn't dream of selling them. Laughing Same goes for all my Bond books... all my Bond merchandise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net/

Ian Fleming’s James Bond first editions hit the auction block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: Bond Entertainment :: Literary 007 -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com