James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond Vide
PostSubject: Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond   Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:54 pm

In response to: What's the most physically grueling/challenging thing you've ever done?

The most physically grueling, challenging thing I’ve ever done happened during the filming of "Thunderball" in the Bahamas back when James Bond was played by Sean Connery. I was writing a story for Sports Illustrated. These tough guys working the movie took me out in a small boat to a mountain sticking up out of the water and said, "We’re going to get in the water, swim down and come up inside of this peak, which is hollow inside. We’ll guide you through a hole under the water and we are filming inside." I demurred. I said I didn’t swim all that well. They said, "Don’t worry we’ll guide you."

Then these tough guys working on the film said, "Either you swim down with us or we leave you here alone on top of the water, which is surrounded by sharks. And this is an awfully small boat." I opted to swim but it was horrible and they had affixed a dead shark at the entrance impaled on a spear under the water. I have never been so frightened. Even if I knew they were goofing with me, it was still hard. And coming back out and up to the boat wasn’t fun either. Later, I saw what they filmed in the movie inside that little mountain in the water, but though it probably "made" my story, it was daunting.

Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond Picture-11
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net

Liz Smith Swam With the Sharks for James Bond

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: General Bond :: Review's + Bond Interview's -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com