James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

"Blofeld"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
James Bond 2
James Bond 2
Special 00 Agent
Special 00 Agent

Number of posts : 453
Warning :
"Blofeld" Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100"Blofeld" Empty

Registration date : 2009-02-07

"Blofeld" Vide
PostSubject: "Blofeld"   "Blofeld" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:59 am

Over at the Commander Bond message boards I found a thread about a possible non-Eon Bond film simply called "Blofeld" to be produced by a guy called Tom O'Casey who apparently now owns the McClory rights after he died in 2007. Here is what is apparently the press release:

Quote :
By 21st Century Artists Film Corporation and B. A. Wise Consulting Services, 10-20-2008

TOM O'CASEY WILL PRODUCE 'BLOFELD' IN 2010. JAMES BOND PRODUCERS FACE A SECOND CHALLENGE BASED UPON McCLORY’S SCRIPTS.

Tom O’Casey, the ever elusive 'high fashion accessories designer and manufacturer,' says he will produce “BLOFELD," based upon the screenplay and screen treatments created by the late Irish producer, 'Kevin McClory' sometime next year for a 2010 release by one of Hollywood’s oldest and greatest studios. It is rumored that both 'Paramount' and 'Universal' may be involved, but no word out, just yet, from O’Casey, who first saw the original treatments by 'Kevin McClory, British screen writer, 'Jack Whittingham' and James Bond 007 creator, Ian Fleming, early last year, while visiting Amsterdam.

These same treatments became the basis for the James Bond 007 films, “Thunderball” and “Never Say Never Again," both of which starred Sean Connery in the signature role he made famous.

In 1998, Kevin McClory, in association with 'Sony Pictures,' attempted a second series of James Bond films outside of the 'Official' series produced by 'Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer' and Danjaq, LLC, a company owned by the family of the late 'Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli. Broccoli’s daughter, Barbara and stepson, Michael Wilson are the producers of the forthcoming 007 film, “Quantum of Solace," which will star Daniel Craig in his second outing as the secret agent with the license to kill. That film is being released through 'Sony Pictures,' in association with MGM.

Tom O’Casey plans to 'pick-up' where Kevin McClory left off. In 1999, a Court Ruling in Los Angeles prevented producer 'McClory' from making any more James Bond films.

It was widely believed McClory had lost all rights to use the characters 'James Bond 007, Moneypenny, Felix Leiter, M, etc.,' but according to the confident O’Casey, “These rights are still available to me and they will be enforced in the United States and the rest of the world. I am not afraid of the legal consequences that might be incurred from the Broccoli family and Sony Pictures."

O’Casey states, “Kevin McClory never signed off on James Bond and his rights to any court. Even the producers of the official Bond series stated in 2004 that McClory 'might have the right to produce a James Bond film in Australia ,' with their belief it could not be released in the United States market."

Tom O’Casey says he is looking at the resumes of more than 100 actors, who might become his James Bond 007. “I would be delighted to use 'Colin Farrel as 007,' but would prefer a total unknown, just as 'Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli' did with Connery back in 1962. I want a rugged Bond — a harking back to when Connery bent a poker around his assailant’s neck in 'Thunderball.' That was great. Sean Connery will always be Bond to me."/ The O’Casey agenda includes 'a four picture deal,' which still remains to be signed, though; at least two major studios say they are ready to commit $250,000,000 to O’Casey films. O’Casey plans to film, 'BLOFELD,' (2.) 'WARHEAD,' (3.) 'SPECTRE' (4.) 'JAMES BOND OF THE SECRET SERVICE,' back to back in such diverse locations as the ' Bahamas , Bermuda , Jamaica , Hawaii and Japan .'

“I wasn’t crazy about 'Never Say Never Again,'" O’Casey said Tuesday. “It suffered from a terrible jazz score by Michel LeGrand and the direction was abysmal. BLOFELD will be a rich blend of Technicolor imagination, a wonderful relationship between Bond and Moneypenny — -a harking back to the early days of Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell in 'Dr. No' and 'From Russia, with Love.' "

O’Casey also says he is toying with the idea of casting one of the former Bonds in the title role. No word from EON yet, but Hollywood is already buzzing with the news.

Even though I'm a dedicated EON Bond fan (Rarely mention CR54, CR67 or NSNA and don't include them in my Bond collection) this is ruddy exciting news. Sure nothing is set in stone but at the end of the day, Bond is Bond. I might even take it over (or with) Bond 23! Shocked just for the Blofeld/SPECTRE theme (It'd hardly be a surprise not seeing the gunbarrel/bond theme/main characters Razz)

Even if the film is crap, it'll still be interesting to look at and there are bound to be atleast a couple of enjoyable bits.

Leading onto that, what do people have against having two simultaneous Bond series. Sure the EON one will always be the original and the best but I'd still like to have double helpings of Bond every third year or so instead of just one.
Back to top Go down
http://willbrook007.sosblog.com/

"Blofeld"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: General Bond :: General James Bond -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com