James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland Vide
PostSubject: Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland   Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:30 am

A touch of Hollywood glamour has come to the glens as filming gets underway on a major new movie in the Highlands.

Centurion tells the story of the battle between a Roman legion and a mysterious Pictish queen, played by a Bond girl.

The film, directed by Neil Marshall, is set in 117AD and follows of a sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman fort. He escapes and returns with a Legion to wipe out the Picts.

Their mysterious leader is played by Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who starred in Quantum of Solace with Daniel Craig.

Also swapping Hollywood for the Highlands is English actor Dominic West, familiar to fans of HBO series The Wire as unconventional cop Jimmy McNulty.

Thomas MacDonnell, the factor of Glenfeshie Estate, says the production is a great boost for the area, which has already had a starring part in Helen Mirren smash hit The Queen.

He said: "I think it'll show Scotland as the fantastic place it is. I'm quite proud when I see these things on television.

"I had friends in America who phoned me up and said they'd seen The Queen and Glenfeshie and how fantastic it was. It can only be good for the area."

Other scenes are due to be filmed at Ealing Studios in London.

As well as stunning scenery, Highland residents may spot some familiar faces when the film hits the big screen, with recent auditions held locally for extras.

Can be Found here Arrow http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=7405&t=mi6&s=news
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net

Olga Kurylenko shooting period piece in Scotland

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: General Bond :: General James Bond -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com