James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet
Bond Crazy

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Empty
PostHappy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Young_sm

CommanderBond.net would like to wish Sir Roger Moore a very happy 82nd Birthday…
Keep on keeping the British end up, sir!

# 1927: Roger Moore was born on October 14th in Stockwell, South London.

# 1930s-1950s: Roger’s first job was as an animator at Publicity Picture Productions. He studied at the Royal Academy of Drama (RADA) in London before being inducted into the British Army. There he served in the rank of 2nd Lieutenant with a Combined Services Entertainment Unit in Germany at the end of World War II. After release from the military, he worked in theatre, radio and television, but also worked as a model to make ends meet.

# 1953: Roger came to the United States where he got a film contract with MGM. His first big TV series’ were Ivanhoe, The Alaskans and Maverick.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Playboy_sm

# 1959-1961: Roger starred in good but little known films like The Miracle, The Sins of Rachel Cade and Gold of the Seven Saints.

# 1962: Roger was back in Britain after making two movies in Italy. He then starred in the series The Saint based on a character created by Leslie Charteris. He was the top choice to play secret agent James Bond this year, but was already committed to The Saint.

# 1969: Roger returned to the big screen with Crossplot.

# 1970: Roger starred in The Man Who Haunted Himself, which is considered by many to be one of his best dramatic roles to date.

# 1971: Roger starred with Tony Curtis in the TV series The Persuaders. He was also was voted “Personality Of The Year” by UK’s The Sun magazine.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Maverick_sm

# 1973: Roger Moore made his first appearance as James Bond in Live And Let Die. He made many important contributions to the James Bond film series. His interpretation of the world famous proved to be very succesful with its irony and charm as he portrayed agent 007 longer than any other actor.

# 1974: Roger appeared in his second James Bond film The Man With The Golden Gun. He also starred in Gold, an adaptation of Wilbur Smith’s novel in which he plays the hero, a mine manager.

# 1976: Roger played Sebastian Oldsmith in Shout At The Devil alongside Lee Marvin, Barbara Parkins and Ian Holm.

# 1977: Roger makes his third appearance as 007 in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Saint_sm

# 1978: Roger was nominated as Best Actor in a Science-Fiction Movie for The Spy Who Loved Me at the Saturn Awards. He appeared in The Wild Geese with Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Hardy Krüger and Stewart Granger. “The nice thing about playing this role was that it was part of an ensemble cast. I wasn’t the sole lead, as in Bond, and that meant I got days off! It was terrific just to relax and enjoy playing a bit of tennis” Roger Moore said recently.

# 1979: Roger starred as 007 for the fouth time in Moonraker. For the first time outerspace belonged to Bond.

# 1980: Roger was awarded a Golden Globe for being a World Film Favourite Male. He also played a wealthy mysogynistic eccentric in The North Sea Hijack.

# 1981: Roger starred in his fifth 007 film, For Your Eyes Only.

# 1983: Roger starred in his sixth 007 film, Octopussy.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Persuaders_sm

# 1984: Roger played psychiatrist Judd Stevens in The Naked Face, a very adult thriller based on a novel by Sidney Sheldon.

# 1985: Roger Moore made his last appearance as James Bond in A View To A Kill.

# 1990: Roger finally had the chance share a comedy with his best friend, Michael Caine, and his daughter, Deborah Moore, in Bullseye!.

# 1991: Roger Moore became UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador on August 9th.

# 1995: Roger stared in the tv movie, The Man Who Wouldn’t Die , alongside Malcolm McDowell, Nancy Allen and Eric McCormack

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore 007_sm

# 1996: Roger co-starred with Jean-Claude Van Damme in The Quest, also directed by Van Damme.

# 1997: Roger had a small part in the film Spice World, a movie all about The Spice Girls and was voted… the worst supporting actor at the Razzie Awards!

# 1998: Roger was given a Humanitarian Award at the Whitney Houston Charity Gala. The award was presented to him by Carroll Baker, whom he starred in The Miracle (1959).

# 1999: Roger Moore was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his humanitarian achievements on behalf of UNICEF in January. Also that year he won the “Sept d’Or” Award (France).

# 2000: Roger was given the Variety Club International Humanitarian Award (UK).

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Unicef_sm

# 2001: Roger helped launch a new alliance between world soccer governing body, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), and UNICEF.

# 2002: Roger was was given a Cult TV Award for the Best TV Series Guest Appearance (Alias, episode The Prophecy). He also played an old gay man in the controversial movie Boat Trip.

# 2003: Roger was awarded the German Federal Service Cross from President Johannes Rau in February. and in June he was knighted (2, 3) by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of his work with UNICEF.

# 2004: Sir Roger Moore visited China for the first time while on a world tour promoting UNICEF’s programs in August. And in September he was appointed HCA Ambassador (Hans Christian Andersen).

# 2005: Roger recorded the Ultimate Edition DVD Commentaries at home in Monaco.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore Roger_wife_tn

# 2006: Sir Roger attended the G8 summit, was honoured by Elstree Studios And Borehamwood Town Council for his work there and won the “Living Legend” award by British charity Help The Aged. He is now officially a legend.

# 2007: Just days before his 80th birthday, Sir Roger was honoured with the 2,350th star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on 11 October. His star is located at 7007 Hollywood Boulevard. In addition, he has announced his official autobiography, My Word Is My Bond.

# 2008: Sir Roger releases his official autobiography, My Word Is My Bond in October and embarks upon a worldwide tour to promote it.

Article found at
Commander Bond.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net
Share this post on: reddit

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore :: Comments

No Comment.

Happy 82nd Birthday, Sir Roger Moore

Page 1 of 1