James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

James Bond Crazy Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
James Bond Crazy Reviews Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100James Bond Crazy Reviews Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

James Bond Crazy Reviews Vide
PostSubject: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:38 pm

I asked on another forum could they do a review of this site and here it is...
First Impressions

• Activity (Score: 3/5): It was okay over all, looking around I spotted a few posts that have been made today (which is good) But there are still many posts over from February ranging back to the active topics. Considering the forum was created at the beginning of the year, the site hasn't gone as smoothly as some might expect it to, but it doesn't look bad as a first impression.<li>Template (Score: 2/5):
I like the skin color combination and the style looks pretty cool and eye catchy. However it looks quite disorganized and hard to navigate around the forum, probably due to the way the categories are organized. The images look great though, well worked on and I especially thought the logo looked very nice and it fitted in with the skin spotlessly. It looks okay!
First Impressions total: 5/10

Site Layout

• Organization (Score: 2/10): The first thing that I've spotted that made navigation difficult to go through, was how spread apart each category is and certainly most of the areas are scattered around. I found the "announcements" board at the top, which is a good start, but most of the categories have no relation to the one next to them. For some pointers, I think it would be best for your first categories to be organized from "announcements" and considering the theme of your site, probably just put all of the off topic areas in that placement (example; like "games" "music" Etc) If you're considering having members introductions as well, then put the normal "Announcements" "Feedback" as well as "introductions" at the top, afterward all the categories that relate to the theme and then general chat related topics, etc.<li>Index Length/Number of Forums (Score: 4/10):
It goes fairly long, counting it altogether you have 21 (or so) forums that aren't really attached to a category. Besides from much that I've said in the organization, I think your site will do wonderfully with all of them put into groups, benefiting with organization, navigation neatness. I'm sure it will work out greatly, and possibly shortening the number and putting some into sub categories to clear some of those up. (for an example, "Garbage" if available in the host of the forum probably should be hidden from guests depending on how you like to organize your forum, or putting it into a sub category could work as well)
Layout total: 6/20

Style

• Template Layout/Color Scheme (Score: 8/10): The black/gray and blue looks really nice across the board and over all I think it's a good combination! c: I see no reason to change it, it looks great. I'd also like to comment that it has a unique tone, it's quite easy to read the text and over all has a pretty interesting mix. Great job!<li>Logo/Images (Score: 7/10):
The logo looks pretty nice. It blends in really well with the rest of the forum and it certainly looks professional. I'd like to add that there could be more done with the forum markers (If it is an available feature within your forum's host) so it's easier to tell if you've got new posts or not. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
Style total: 15/20

Site moderation

• Number of Staff (Score: 5/5): It looks like you've got a okay number of moderators and administrators, counting the numbers together it looks like you have about four for 19 members. It's a little bit too much for the amount of members you currently have, at this moment I'd say around 2-3 would be good, but I guess it is okay considering that you'll need it when you get more members. (So long as you don't have around six or seven staff members from the start, I'd say it wouldn't be over staffing)
  • Staff Activity (Score: 4/5): As far as I know, most of your staff members seem to be very active. I've only come across one member who hasn't made an appearance at all on the board but other than that it seems pretty active. The latest I've seen a member post would be "March 29th" Which is still quite recent. Great job on keeping everyone active! c:<li>Staff Professionalism (Score: 5/5):
Basing this more so toward announcements, it looks like each staff member holds professionalism between each post, the members seems to be speaking respectfully and over all well kept in manner and the way they post. The staff members are also active, I think you've got it down wonderfully!
Moderation total: 14/15

Site activity

• Posts Per Day (Score: 9/20): Although there are many boards that haven't been replied in since February, in some areas there seems to be quite a few posts done by today, so that helps with the scoring a bit. I do have to say it's a bit low though, considering the activity isn't going extremely smoothly. I'd certainly suggest "Activity" Post exchanges in our post exchange section of the board to help boost this number up, or remember to maintain constant activity within the staff members. It's a good start though, just be sure to get more! c:
  • Number of Members (Score: 8/10): At around three months and obtaining the number of about 19 members is a tiny bit slow, I think you'd be able to obtain a larger quantity so long as you keep searching and advertising your board! =) It's a nice quantity to have a varying degree of members around, be sure to keep getting more!<li>Post/Member Ratio (Score: 4/5):
due to the number I have calculated in this section, evening it up there is about 38-40 posts per person on the board. That's pretty good counting activity as well as the number of members - it is certainly a good start. Keep it up!
Activity total: 21/35

Overall mark: 62/100

What could be done to improve the site:
First work on the organization of the board, make it easier for guests to be able to navigate the board and be able to find the areas that the guest would need to get too. If needed, shortening the index once you've got the organization straightened out. Of course there is always room for improvement for activity! Just do exchanges (As recommended, active exchanges may be good at this point) and keep advertising!

What is the best thing you liked about the site:
The images look nice and the board colors were certainly interesting. The idea of the board is quite unique I'd say, and it looks like it's well set out! It looks great, I'm sure its got a lot of potential!

Last edited by Mr.Stamper on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 am

It would be a good idea if you took the advice from the review and applied it to the forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :
James Bond Crazy Reviews Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100James Bond Crazy Reviews Empty

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:07 am

Well I did try and fix the forums layout but it got even more messed up so what can I do? And I will work on the other things. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 am

Well I am glad to say I have finally sorted out the layout!!! Whoooooooo Whoooooooo Whoooooooo Whoooooooo
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Right I think its time I got it out all in the open This is the bad review we got Embarassed

First Impressions
  • Activity (Score: 2/5): Your site has been around since January, and you have only 37 members. Only a couple forums recieved posts today, most of them by the head admin. Some forums haven't been posted in since last month, but four people logged in today, three of them staff.
  • Template (Score: 2/5): The template is blue and grey/black. I usually love this color scheme, but the way you have it set up is very boring. Everything is easy to read though. I'm also really not a fan of your banner, as it completely takes away and is of low quality.

First Impressions total: 4/10

Site Layout
  • Organization (Score: 3/10): I'm not much of a fan of your organization. Site News and Suggestions should be two separate forums while Bond News can be moved to the Bond sections, or in the Site News as a general News category and you could label whether the news is site related or Bond related. Your forum descriptions are very brief, a bit hard for navigation since not everyone is a huge James Bond fan. Label what Bond 23 and 24 are. I don't follow Bond, so I find this a bit hard to understand. Your brief descriptions are too brief - say a little bit more than the forum's name and basically "Disucss this and post it here etc". The "Etc"s are very unprofessional seeming as well, and makes the descriptions look as if you do not know what you are doing. I know this may be a pet peeve of mine, but the center descriptions are also very annoying and make your forum longer and even harder to navigate than a typical, non centered forum description would me. All the Bond Entertainment section could be one forum of just general Bond entertainment, since this section could easily get confused with general things outside of the Bond-related forums. In the bottom category, you also don't have to state things are "NON-Bond" if you are organized enough to make that apparent through your forum descriptions. The testing forum should not be there -- people can test things in their profile, and a testing forum is just begging for spam on your forum.
  • Index Length/Number of Forums (Score: 3/10): I think your index could probably be much shorter and condensed, but that's just my opinion. Most of my suggestions are merging and deleting as stated in the above organization section.

Layout total: 6/20

Style
  • Template Layout/Color Scheme (Score: 5/10): Your color scheme is nice and easy on the eyes, while your forum descriptions are also very easy to read as well as the member legend. The color scheme is a bit on the safe side, and isn't very risky and reflecting of James Bond to me.
  • Logo/Images (Score: 2/10): Your logo is very unappealing and unwelcoming to members, and it looks very unprofessional. The images are poorly rendered and cut, as well as badly stretched. The text is somewhat awkward in the middle, and the banner is honestly too big for the images it has in it. Maybe try to make the images be of higher quality, while also making your banner appealing and welcoming to members by some more exciting test and better compliments to the skin. You also do not have any forum markers or any real custom images, which makes your forum impersonal. Try to get some custom images or a new skin to complimet them.

Style total: 7/20

Site moderation
  • Number of Staff (Score: 2/5): Your site has two administrators and three moderators. For a forum with 37 members, and not many who are active, this is overstaffed. Your staff are the only real active members on your site, and the large amount of them isn't quite needed at this time. Don't hire more staff in the future - if your forum grows more your current amount of staff members would be perfect. I think two admins and a mod would be plenty for now.
  • Staff Activity (Score: 2/5): Both of your admins and one of the mods logged in today, while one mod only has one post on your forum, which is a result of inactivity. I would demote this mod as he does not seem to contribute to the community or be active. Otherwise, your admins are frequent posters as well as one of your other mods. The other mod, TrustMe, isn't very active either, so just you, Bondaholic and James Bond 2 would be an adequate active staff team.
  • Staff Professionalism (Score: 3/5): Other than the inactive staff, your staff members seem somewhat professional. Not everyone is active, and some things are poorly worded and written on the site. I do believe if issues arise your team would know how to solve them.

Moderation total: 7/15

Site activity
  • Posts Per Day (Score: 5/20): Only four forums have gotten posts today, three of them from you, the head adin. Your forum has been around for five months and only 1563 posts and 37 members. On average, your forum gets about 11 posts per day, which is very low. Your activity definitely needs to increase: this can be done through advertising, affiliation, post exchanges, packages and whatnot. Also, start some more general Bond topics so nothing is limited by movie, or collector's items: just general chat about the actors, if the Bond girls are pretty, etc.
  • Number of Members (Score: 2/10): 37 members in five months is very low, and not many of them are active. Your staff members seem to be the main active member base.
  • Post/Member Ratio (Score: 2/5): On average, each member has about 42 posts each. This isnt' the greatest, and this shouldn't be higher than your posts per day. This statistic may also be skewed since your staff members are the largest majority of your forum's posts.

Activity total: 9/35

Overall mark: 33/100

What could be done to improve the site: First off, try to get organized. Uncenter the forum descriptions and keep things more general as my suggestions say: Have a Bond Movies, Bond General, Bond Memorabilia for instance to keep it simple and easy. Your banner really needs a makeover as well as custom images: keeping a forum user-friendly is a great idea and banners are the first things new people look at. Also, activity is another main concern than should be addressed. Some of your staff members are active, while others are not, and very few members are active. Do member exchanges, post exchanges, packages, affiliations...anything to get your forum's name out and to help it flourish more in the future.

What is the best thing you liked about the site: The skin's colors are very nice, and they have a lot of potential to invite a new banner and many new members. Your forum has a lot of potential - you have to just put in the extra push of effort.
Back to top Go down
acdcpirate
acdcpirate
Special 00 Agent
Special 00 Agent

Number of posts : 136
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:43 pm

oh no Crying or Very sad this is why i am never getting my forum a review
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiacdcfans.forumotion.com
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:06 pm

A new review of Forumotion
James Bond Crazy Reviews Untitl10
First Impression: Banner doesn't fit with header background, try creating new one or request something to fit the header background color. (-2). There is a grey background in navigation bar that has to be fixed (-1). There are not too many categories as well, which is nice, but also easy to post in right section (+1), maybe there is a problem with a bit bigger than usuall off topic ones. I like the announcement box with the contest, but I will also suggest to create a box to help newbiews. (with links of rules etc)(+1).

Score: 2/5

Layout:

* Images: Banner doesn't fit well in background (-2). Icons for new and no new posts are quite big, also very different form forum's style (-1). Who's on line image is too big, so It is just making who's on line box higher and wider (-1). Topic icons are nice and easy to make a difference (+1).

Score: 1/5

* Colors: The colors of the skin you are using are quite fine. I see that all colors you are using are visible on the background (+3). There is gray background in navigation as I stated before (-1). Also, the color of "You are not logged in box" is different from forum's style. (-1)

Score: 3/5

* Categories organization: I see that almost all of the categories are nicely done and spaced. (+4) There are some that should be on other place. (-1)

Score: 4/5

Layout score: 8/15

Suggestions: Let's start with the banner. It doesn't fit with forum style, but also it makes the blue header background looking bad behind it because the banner is higher and It needs more space than the blue box can provide. Try creating new banner or request it. To continue with navigation bar backgroud which should be fixed properly. Then... I suggest Improving your forum icons. Resize them to be smaller and effective. I suggest adding a stroke so you can separate them from forum style in a good way. To continue with who's on line image, as you can see It is just creating Who's on line tab bigger and wider which follows with bad impression. about categories, my advice is to move completed games as subforum to games. Also, If I were you I would have my off topic section slightly smaller. Also, I suggest James Bond news forum to the Bond category, not with the announcement and new members.

Activities:

* Members and staff: I see about 12 active members out of 40 , but that number of members has made more than 1700 posts. Keep up with posting, but try increasing number of active members. (-3) You need those to make forum sucsesfull. There are 2 administrator and a moderator, I think two moderators and an admin is better number, but If they all deserve to have that position, then It is fine. (+1)
Staff is active as I see, they have nice amount of posts, but remember, members should too. (+1)

Score: 2/5

* Statistics: 40 members and 1700 posts. Not bad, but I still don't know how old your forum is. If it is new, then It is a great number. I see not many members that stays active. Try to raise that as I stated. I see that administrators are serious about their job and I can' see spam yet. That's nice. Also It is importaint not to use SMS language so you will always stay professional, I advice you adding that rule if nesecarry. Wink

Score: 2/3

Activites total score: 4/8

Suggestions: Newsletter is fine. Add everything new to it and notify members of the forum that they are registered. Also, I suggest opening more and more interesting topics. Furthermore, affilitation with other sites is best way of promotion. Try that.
James Bond Crazy Reviews Congra10

Your forum has scored: 14/28
Try taking the advices I gave and your forum will be improved in no time. Adveritsing, getting affilites, trying better images and everything will just help your forum's community to grow and gain more and more quality Good luck with your forum!

Well look at that! Saying the banner no good it doesn't go well with the background colors well who cares I like this banner And I am sure most of you do too! I will give them that the image at the bottom is to big So I will change that . The icons for new pots and no new posts are big? No they are not what is wrong with them? I for one is not happy with this!
Back to top Go down
acdcpirate
acdcpirate
Special 00 Agent
Special 00 Agent

Number of posts : 136
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Whoooooooo too bad i got banned from the forumotion help forum for being a jerk
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiacdcfans.forumotion.com
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:49 am

New review

our Forum Review
James Bond Crazy

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 9/10): My first impression was "Unmatching navbars, but Mr. Stamper warned me.." then I thought, "But shouldn't he get his navbars BEFORE I get his review?" So that dopped down 1 point. Then I saw the fancy centered forum descitpions, the sweet banner, neat forum widgets, etc. Really nice here, just make sure everything is complete before me getitng hte review. It's like you are putting on your clothes on the bus... get the idea? It's not fully edited but you just go right ahead and make other people laugh on ths bus; or in this case, review points.

2. Index Appearance (Score: 7/10): Not bad, but not too good, either. The icons aren't changed from the previous review and still lower the review points. Also just a bit too much forum widgets on the left. Otherwise, pretty neat.

3. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 10/10): The layout is extremely well thought out, and the colors together are pretty sweet. This scores pretty, perfect, precious points.

4. Categories & Forums (Score: 7/10): No icons at all, short descriptions, etc. Make it look real, man! Search via Google, MSN, Yahoo, and many more varieties of websites you can find.

Generalities total: 33/40

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 6/10):
Banner: Just a bit too small, but really good overall other things.

Navigation Bar: This tumbles down a lot of points due to unmatching things, but the font held it's act together Smile

2. Images & Icons (Score: 8/10): Not too shabby, but the new post icon, no new post icon and locked icon rejust poor quality and hard to see.

Style total: 14/20

Forum Moderation & Groups

1. Staff Population (Score: 5/10): Some are very inactive or just plain lazy. Hire more and demote more, too!
Administration- 2 member(s)

Moderation- 1 member(s)

2. Staff/User Groups (Score: 8/10): James Bond 2 and bomdaholic groups are very unnecesarry. Please delete them and you'll be fine. The donators group I love, since they have a special place on the site if they do Smile

Usergroup total: 13/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 7/10): "Our users have posted a total of 2063 messages
We have 44 registered users" (excluding me) WOW. That many messages with 44 members? Holy crud! Your members do the job done and if they register, they register for a reason! Great job, yet very little members dropped your review score on this one. Take my tips from one of your previous reviews and tell them to your members, too!

2. Member Activity (Score: 10/10): Ok, I swear this has got to be the most awesome thing about your forum. That is deadly; that is almost insane. Congrats, dude! :thumbright:

Activity total: 17/20

Overall Mark: 77/100
James Bond Crazy Reviews Picture2-17

Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum:
The members, deletion of groups, and changing of icons need to be established. Otherwise, it is a very well built forum and I see that your work is paying off! Smile

The best thing I like about your forum:

As I stated; the messages in 44 members. Deadly. Extremely deadly, dude!
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Another one from Forumotion

James Bond Crazy
Review

Forum Style:

Graphics: The graphics are just James Bond everywhere with really no spicial effect. You have the forumotion dude with the introduction that is way out of place and does not need to be added. You have stars? I don't see them for anything as they are way out of place too. (Score: 10/10)

Banner: The banner just has James Bone with a gun. Its kind of boring and all, I would at least make it so that you show him more than once doing differnet things to make the members like your forum.(Score: 7/10)

Colors: Your colors are just white on the forum that makes it a little boring. I would try to add different colors to the links that fit with the bond theme.(Score: 14/15)

Total: 31/35

Forum Index:

Organization: The forum is a bit over wellemded with widgets on both sides and is really hard for me to view whats going on with the forum. You have to scroll left and right a lot to see whats going on. I would keep the widgerts to one side with the important stuff only. (Score: 7/10)

Categories & Forums: You have a lot of Categories that don't have tooo many post. I would merge the ones that have have no post/less activity in them so that it doesn't make your forum poor.(Score: 13/15)

Index & Portal Appearance: You do have a nice Index for your forum that covers the James Bond theme.
(Score: 10/10)

Total: 30/35

Language:

The forum does have good Language but you do have a lot that is short for INFO, Cente (Center) Make sure you proff read what you wrote before it goes to public. You don't want your guest/members look at a poor forum.

(Score: 3/5)

Total Score: 64/75
Grade: 85% B+

[/quote]

And another of another site to come soon.

NOTE: This review is just for the graphics and language of the forum not the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
bondaholic
bondaholic
Special 00 Agent
Special 00 Agent

Number of posts : 219
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Congratulations, a good review
Back to top Go down
http://bondaholic.co.uk/
Major D.Smythe
Major D.Smythe
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 848
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:19 pm

They're getting better. Clapping
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net/
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Your Forum Review
'James Bond Crazy'

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 8/10): This Forum looks pretty good theonly thing i can see that you need to change is the length of the Forum other thanthat it looks alright.

2. Index Appearance (Score: 7/10): Again it looks pretty good but u shouldmake the length of the forum a little bit longer and put the topics anme over to theright and leave the middle clear.

3. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 7/10): Now the colors are pretty good butyou should change the Navigation Bar color to a darker color or use the same color you havenow but make it a little bit darker other than that the color is good.Appearance is good if u get donations you should remove the ads. and move the topics name and description tothe left and leave the middle strip clean/clear

4. Categories & Forums (Score: 9/10):Now for the fun part (lol) ok you really need
    to move the topics name to the left other than that i cant see anything else wrong with
    the topics and categories

Generalities total: 31/40

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 6/10):
    Banner now and the banner is good it matches theforum

Navigation Bar now the Navigation bar is alright but you need to make
    it a little bit darker to match the rest of the forum other than that its alright

2. Images & Icons (Score: 7/10): The icons are good but they should be a little bit lighterso people can see them easier. The images are alos good they stand out and they have good coloring

Style total: 13/20

Forum Moderation & Groups ok so the groups are good but the retired staffshould be before the VIP. and the Admins color should be lighter other than that the groups are fine
now the moderation seems pretty good
  1. Staff Population (Score: /10):
    Administration- 2 member(s) now i think that you only need 1 Admin not 2 i think the otherswill agree with me aswell. anyway the administration looks good

Moderation- 2 member(s) i think you have the perfect amount of Moderators

2. Staff/User Groups (Score: 7/10): Pretty good but you only need 1 Admin and Moderators for now

Usergroup total: 15/20

Forum Activity The activity is pretty good you have members coming in andcheck whos posted and the new news.

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 8/10): Pretty good since u have 52 members

2. Member Activity (Score: 7/10): Very good You have members coming in and checking the new updates and posting

Activity total: 15/20

Overall Mark: 71/100
James Bond Crazy Reviews Picture2-17

Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum: you could make the length of theforum longer so it covres the bottom part. and make the navigation bar a bit darker and get rid of 1 Adminand make the Admins color Lighter.

The best thing I like about your forum: i like it how most of it all matches each other

Best of luck to you and your forum.
You can always Rate Your Review.

From a diffrent forum and still one more review to come.
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Another Razz

Your Forum Review
James Bond Crazy

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 6/10): The theme is disorganized and the font is too BIG!!! But you have really good reason why you have a lot of forum boards.

2. Index Appearance (Score: 8/10): I like the organization of your forum. But the forum widgets drove me nuts a little. My suggestion is to create a portal...

3. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 9/10): Nice Choice of using a phpBB2 theme. Love the color scheme because it definitely fits with James Bond. But lower you main font. It's huge!!!!

4. Categories & Forums (Score: 10/10): Nice Organization. Lots of information and directories to anything related to James Bond.

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 5/10):
    Banner
    Banner is too boring. All you've did is just add text using MSPaint, I assumed.

Navigation Bar
    Navigation bar is kinda exciting. But add some decorations to it.
  2. Images & Icons (Score: 6/10): Your forum icons are awesome. Even though it isn't transparent, it fits... But still style your forum icons a little. Also, you topic icons (new posts, locked posts, hot topic) are too big. Shrink it a little. And the topic buttons (New Topic, Reply, Locked) doesn't fit with the whole James Bond.

Style total: 11/20

1. Staff Population (Score: 3/10): You gotta have more than 6 staffs.... Do some a little advertising like &quot;Staff Wanted!!&quot;

Moderation- 3 member(s)

2. Staff/User Groups (Score: 6/10): You have a lot of groups but mostly there are for like Fans of this and that.

Usergroup total: 9/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 9/10): In the last 24 hours, there was decent amount of members plus the owner was online (I assumed it was you.) But I was OMG about the post. Over 2000 posts with only about 50 members. That's unbelievable in my opinion.

2. Member Activity (Score: 8/10): Decent amount of people was on for the last 24 hours which is good.

Activity total: 17/20

Overall Mark: 70/100
/center]

[center]Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum: You should change some images and icons. That's about it. And organize your forum widgets.

The best thing I like about your forum: Love the post ratio and the organization of your forum.

My own opinion, you did a really great job making this forum. You did fantastic. I'm really proud of you. I hope more members would join this forum. Remember to take my advices....

One more to come.
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Last review of the month looks like we have done bad again always seem to get bad reviews at forum advertiser Neutral

First Impressions
  • Activity (Score: 2/5): There was a few posts done today and yesterday, but the mass majority of the posts seem to not have been replied in months or days which makes it look much less active then it is, I'm sure. Although over 50 members is pretty good since it's been up since January, not really mind blowing first impression though.
  • Template (Score: 1/5): The colors are pretty sharp, and do not really appear as cohesive or well blended template, that mainly focusing towards the images or the color. Some of the images seem very plain or hard to see, the logo however looks very fitting! It could look pretty bland, but I think I could see what you where going for.

First Impressions total: 3/10

Site Layout
  • Organization (Score: 4/10): The general stuff seems to be spot on, much improved from the last time I saw it. In the beginning of the site sort of confused me, and it looks very cramped together with all the extra things put to the side of the site. Also, not to mention on a different browser the "Join" pop up wouldn't close for me at all unless I joined, which could be pretty bad if someone just wanted to look at the site. As for wordings in each individual forum, in the general chat section the "NON Bond Films and T.V Shows" and it continues on from there, I know that you're trying to highlight that more, but people should know that since it is the hang out section - if you're worried about it though, maybe put it in a sticky thread? Whatever works best that looks more neat then on the forum itself. Also, last thing I would like to note, is that the "ETC" on a lot of those posts are really distracting. I personally wouldn't put those in there at all, as they make the site look bad and it looks like you didn't put much effort into the descriptions with those in there since they are very broad statements. However all of those above are little details, but mainly the majorly of the organization is fantastic.
  • Index Length/Number of Forums (Score: 5/10): Summing it up there is around 17 forums or so. It does kinda drag, but I think that's a okay amount of forums there.

Layout total: 11/20

Style
  • Template Layout/Color Scheme (Score: 3/10): Well, the combination is fine - but the blending between the colors are very sharp as I said before. It goes from straight black to white without any graduate colors and the color hovering is dark blue making it hard to see what I clicked on.
  • Logo/Images (Score: 4/10): I think the logo would be my favorite out of the section but it still seems to look a little boring. It sort of looks like the images where taken from screenshots and words were placed on them ;D Not that it is entirely bad, but at least have something more interesting on the images that's very eye catching.

Style total: 7/20

Site moderation
  • Number of Staff (Score: 5/5): For the activity I've seen about two administrators and one moderator - that for 50 members is a perfect number! I don't think you'd need to do any staff changes, it looks great the way it is.
  • Staff Activity (Score: 5/5): Measuring within the whole sites activity, I think the staff seems to be pretty well on top of visits, and posting. I see every member on the "Visited within 24 hours" area and their posts take up a mass majority of the recent post section.
  • Staff Professionalism (Score: 4/5): They seem to be well mannered, and very nice group. I cannot tell if they are consistent with welcoming people, because it's a members only section so I cannot see in it to judge. Otherwise, the only problem that I could see in the sites professionalism, is that many of the members do not capitalize or punctuate their sentences - which isn't good. =)

Moderation total: 14/15

Site activity
  • Posts Per Day (Score: 5/20): Since it's been up since January, you've gathered about 2,856 posts. To my calculations you only get about 17 posts per day, which is a pretty low number as appose to other sites.
  • Number of Members (Score: 6/10): Over 50 members at around a half a year is a lot of work, although the number isn't really that mind blowing. It's still a good count, don't get me wrong - Keep the members count going!
  • Post/Member Ratio (Score: 4/5): 53 posts is a really good number, especially since the site is not really considered that new anymore - it easily exceeds the posts per day count. The distribution looks good, I think that the members seems pretty involved.

Activity total: 16/35

Overall mark: 51/100

What could be done to improve the site:
Major thing would be the organization, and the front page. Especially the layout and images, new ones that look more inviting would be fantastic, and finding a different skin which has more of a color cohesive touch would make the site look a lot better then it does now. Change a lot of the wording would be my best and probably most important statement here if you could get the rest working better, as unprofessional looking site and template could be a major turn off for everyone - even if the community is great. ^^

Also, I'd hope the staff would get use to using more punctuations and capitalization - because it gets pretty annoying for members if they see that staff members are taking less effort in posts then they are. All precautions I thought I'd highlight, hope everything works out!

What is the best thing you liked about the site:
I think the activity was pretty interesting, and the uniqueness and traffic the site is getting since it's for a specific actor. Glad to see the site is improving though, I'll look forward in seeing the things you come up with. =)
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Your Forum Review
'James Bond Crazy'

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 8/10): Wow! I like the look of this forum now. The banner looks great and fits perfectly! I like the look of the top half but if you can try and get rid of the ads. Your forums and catefories seem very clean and tidy. I like your widgets. Your colors are pretty good. Your images and icons are also very good. Great Job! Very Happy

2. Index Appearance (Score: 8/10): Great! But your text seems a little bit too big. Your images and icons are good. Your colors are very good. I like your widgets it makes your forum more attractive. As far as i can see you index appearance is very good but just make the text smaller and it will be better.

3. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10): OK your layout is good but try and move some of your widgets to the right side so you don't have to scroll all the way down to see certain widgets. Your color scheme is very good. The best thing is that all your colors match each other and all the images and icons. Great Job! Very Happy

4. Categories & Forums (Score: 9/10): Impressive! Very Happy But what you need to do with your forums is make your description more descriptive. At the moment it tells the user what that forum is for not what's in it and all that. Other than that your forum and categories seem pretty tidy and clean. They haven't got spam in them which os obviously good!

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 8/10): OK your banner is very good it makes your forum more attractive and looks alot better. On the other hand your navigation ruins that. Your navigation is too big and stands out too much. Change the color of the navigation bar and make it smaller it will look heaps better then.
Banner Your banner is very good as i said before. Your banner is basically perfect but you could get rid of those "..." under 'talk' it just looks too weird. If you removed them that would be heaps better. So just work on that for the moment.

Navigation Bar OK your navigation bar is way too big and stands out way too much. Your navigation bar isn't suppose to be 1 of the main attractions. So if i were i would make the banner way smaller and change the color of it too. So this is the main and most important thing you need to work on right now.

2. Images & Icons (Score: 10/10): Very nice! Very Happy i was going to give you a 9 but when i sa your images and icons related to the topic of the forum i had to give it a 10. Your forum images and icons are very nice and do their job perfectly. There is no way you could make your images and icons look better so good job!!

Style total: 18/20

1. Staff Population (Score: 8/10):
Administration- 2 member(s) OK you have the perfect ammount for how many memners you have. I suggest that when you get 200 members you get another admin. So right now you don't need any more admins untill you get 200 members.

Moderation- 1 member(s) Alright! you should have like 2 - 4 moderators by now so if i were you i would be hiring another 1 - 2 new moderators. Even though the moderator you have now is doing his/her job you still need a few more moderators just to be sure no spam and no bad things.

2. Staff/User Groups (Score: 10/10): Perfect! Your usergroups are very good! And as for i can see you could change the color of the admins or retired staff either one will do. Your staff populations is very good. You have the right amount of staff and usergroups.

Usergroup total: 18/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 9/10): Very impressive! Your members login and post regulary which os always and obviously very good! At the moment you have over 3, 000 posts which is alright for 50+ members but there is still room for improvement. So make that there is no room for improvement.

2. Member Activity (Score: 9/10): Outstanding! Very Happy OK all you need to do is make sure your members stay active give them some prizes for when thryg get a certain amount of posts and are logged in for a certain amount of time. Just so the members know there going to get something.

Activity total: 18/20

Overall Mark: 87/100

Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum: Move the bottom widgets to the right side. Change the color of the retired staff or admins user group. Make the navigation bar smaller and change it's color.

The best thing I like about your forum: How the images and icons relate to the topic of the forum.

WOW! best one yet. Very Happy I would just like to say well done everyone! You have helped out the forum allot.
Back to top Go down
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Your Forum Review
'James Bond Crazy'

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 8/10): Woah, Your Banner just grabs me. The text on the right, puts me off, but still good, just looking at right, also puts me off. Everything else, is good for me. The template isn't to dark, as the red brightens it, but still makes my eyes hurt after coming back to ForuMansion with the bright light blue template.

2. Index Appearance (Score: 7/10): Too long for me, The problem is the portals on the right side, which stretches the whole forum index page. The banner and forum icons grab me, with your combination of red and black. Your idea

3. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10): Your forum layout is good overall, only the portals on the right put me off. If possible try to move some onto the left side to make your pages shorter. The Color scheme I have to give a special mention to. I have yet to remember to have seen a forum with your color scheme. All other ones using black, used blue which doesn't work for me. The red goes very well with the black as it stands out.

4. Categories & Forums (Score: 9/10): I have to say, you have nicely set up all your forums and categories. Only 'General Bond' should be shortened down. I like how you have set up all important links in a special forum at the start, for easy access.

Generalities total: 32/40

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 8/10):
Banner
The banner catches your attention, I only think the font color of the writing in the banner should be changed, as I say it is too close to black and too hard to see.
Navigation Bar
Your navigation bar, is very good, Under it, I recommend deleting 'You are not connected. Please login or register' as you have those links in the navigation bar.
2. Images & Icons (Score: 9/10):
All your images fit perfectly together, but I have to say the stars you have used don't look very good to be, although they still catch your attention.

Style total: 17/20

1. Staff Population (Score: 10/10): I have to say that, you have just the right amount of staff members for a forum of your size.

Moderation- 2 member(s)

2. Staff/User Groups (Score: 9/10): You have 6 usergroups which could be made into 4 usergroups by making Donators, V.I.P and Retired Staff one group. You have 4 Staff User Groups and 2 Normal User Groups.

Usergroup total: 19/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 8/10):
I have to say this is not the best I've seen, but nor the worst. I say this would be in my position a moderate forum with 3729:69 Ratio. Which should be average 54 - 55 posts per member.

2. Member Activity (Score: 7/10):
Your member activity is moderate, as I see 11 users were online in the last 99 Hours.

Activity total: 15/20

Overall Mark: 83/100

Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum:
To improve your forum, you could, change the font for the 'James Bond Crazy' title next to the banner. You could also change the color of the font in the banner, which I can barely make out.

The best thing I like about your forum:
The best thing I like about your forum is how you have all your important links in one forum at the top of the page for easy access. Also I like the color scheme of Black and Red.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Crazy Reviews   James Bond Crazy Reviews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Bond Crazy Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: 007 Briefings :: Forum Announcements :: Forum Achive -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com