James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

OHMSS - extra footage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
James Bond 2
James Bond 2
Special 00 Agent
Special 00 Agent

Number of posts : 453
Warning :
OHMSS - extra footage Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100OHMSS - extra footage Empty

Registration date : 2009-02-07

OHMSS - extra footage Vide
PostSubject: OHMSS - extra footage   OHMSS - extra footage I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Quote :
Finally, on 23 June 1969, the lengthy and traumatic shoot was over, almost two months past the scheduled end date. But further problems were awaiting the production. John Glen set to editing the footage that he and Hunt had shot and it soon became clear that the film was not going to fit into the usual under two hours running time. Glen's first cut came in at 170 minutes and it was clear that a lot of footage had to be sacrificed to make the film more manageable.

Around 30 minutes of footage was discarded but even so, at 140 minutes, OHMSS was the longest 007 movie to date and was not to be exceeded by any subsequent films. Broccoli and Saltzman opted to leave the decision on cutting the film to the manager of the Leicester Square Odeon - when shown a print, he was asked if anything should be removed. Thankfully forsaking the chance to squeeze in an extra screening each day, he suggested that the film be released as it stood.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
It is not on my DVD and I can't find much on the internet :help:
Back to top Go down
http://willbrook007.sosblog.com/

OHMSS - extra footage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: General Bond :: General James Bond -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com