James Bond Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Crazy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bond Crazy
Bond Crazy
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 3842
Warning :
Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Empty

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Vide
PostSubject: Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan?   Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:23 pm

According to guardian.co.uk, James Bond may be headed to the Middle East for his next adventure.

The site reports that a former Foreign Office official from the British Embassy in Kabul was recruited by the 007 team to provide technical advice about the country’s lucrative opium trade.

The official has reportedly signed a confidentiality agreement that precludes them from discussing the project.

What might give this report extra credence is the fact that last year’s bestselling centenary novel, Sebastian Faulks’ Devil May Care, was concerned with the opium trade in Persia (now Iran). Bond producers had previously ruled out a Devil May Care adaptation.

Ian Fleming’s 007 short story “Risico”, from the For Your Eyes Only collection, also featured a plot involving the drugs trade.

Eon Productions refused to comment on the Afghanistan reports.

The drug trade in Afghanistan also featured prominently in 1987’s The Living Daylights, starring Timothy Dalton.

http://commanderbond.net/article/6294
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net
Major D.Smythe
Major D.Smythe
Admiral of The Fleet
Admiral of The Fleet

Number of posts : 848
Warning :
Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Empty

Registration date : 2009-04-15

Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan?   Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:46 pm

As I posted on MI6:

Quote :
IIRC there were rumours about QOS being centred around the drugs trade, which lead to LTK cpmparisons. So I would guess that the finished film will have nothing in common with the article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesbondcrazy.net/

Is James Bond Bound For Afghanistan?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
James Bond Crazy :: The Bond Films :: Bond 23 News -
James Bond Crazy is a unofficial, educational, information resource. This Forum is no way linked to Danjaq LLC, United Artists Corporation, Eon Productions, MGM/UA Home Entertainment Inc or any other official James Bond company. Forum owned and Run by Bond Crazy copyright 2009 .Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com